So, Emily had her last “official” day of school yesterday (she’ll start Extended School Year/Summer School on June 10th). Her teacher sent home a printout with updates on her first seven IEP goals… she’s met the STO (short-term objective, I think it means) on six of them, and is making progress on the seventh!
- Sitting at circle time for 15 minutes (she’s up to five, so that’s the “in progress” one).
- Completing transitions with two or less prompts (sometimes none!), without “behavioral overreaction.”
- Taking turns (the teacher wrote “good job, Emily!” by this one). 🙂
- Calling her name and saying “look at me” got a response 3/5 times. Apparently, she says “eyes” to remind herself where to look!
- Completes toileting routine with minimal-moderate prompting.
- *Imitates the writing of a circle, “X” and “+”
- *Cutting paper within 1/2″ of the line.
I’m so proud of my little bean! 🙂
* = Not quite sure why they were so concerned about these two, but I guess they know more than I do about the “bigger picture” of motor skills.